WFUNA is the only global organization with the primary mission of supporting the principles and purposes of the United Nations
With the WFUNA Summer School - India program, WFUNA and its implementing partner, the Indian Federation of United Nations Associations (IFUNA) aim to promote the principles and values of the United Nations amongst Indian youth through an educational program in Geneva.
The program takes place at the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) and provides participants with in-depth knowledge of the work of Geneva based United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programs. During this week, students meet with United Nations and other international organizations experts.
This program is organized for young students of India who are interested in learning more about the work of the United Nations and are keen to understand how they can contribute to its mission in their communities and daily lives.
Each program welcomes a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 45 students.
The specific objectives of this educational program are:
• To provide practical knowledge and in-depth understanding of the work of Geneva based UN Agencies, Funds and Programs and their impact worldwide;
• To offer guidance to participants on how to constructively and effectively engage with the UN system as global citizens;
• To allow for exchange and networking opportunities between participants and UN officials, diplomats, and NGO officials;
• To provide capacity-building on how to build a career within the UN system and with international NGOs.
COMPONENT 1: BRIEFINGS AND Q & A SESSIONS
This educational program includes experts from:
• The United Nations Offices at Geneva;
• The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights;
• The Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees;
• The World Health Organization.
• The comprehensive knowledge of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Meeting and discussion with the Counselor from the Indian Permanent Mission to the United Nations, Geneva ( subject to confirmation by the Indian Permanent Mission).
The program includes visits to:
• The United Nations Office at Geneva;
• The International Committee of the Red Cross;
• The International Telecommunications Union.
COMPONENT 2: INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES
WFUNA organizes interactive sessions with participants in order to: (1) consolidate their knowledge of the United Nations and (2) test their understanding of the United Nations system and the work of UN Agencies, Funds and Programs featured by the program.
• Global Citizens, who are we?
• Interactive quizzes
• Role Plays
• Model UN (Subject to confirmation by WFUNA, Geneva).
The IFUNA ‘Mission Knowledge’ is implemented in partnership with the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) with an aim to offer young students a unique educational program at the United Nations headquarters in Geneva
In addition to offering young students a rare and an intimate view into the workings of the UN, our program contributes to the career development and future engagement with the United Nations of Indian youth.
The training covers the following:
• 3 days of training at UN headquarter, Geneva.
• Training tools and kits.
• Certificate of Participation by WFUNA.
• Local travel from the hotel to the training center.
• Local Tours, guides.
The total cost of 7 nights and 8 days excursion tour Switzerland and France shall be INR 2,25,000/- per person which includes INR 50,000/- to cover the Training for 3 days in Geneva as mentioned above.
IFUNA will provide an invitation Letter from WFUNA to the students for obtaining Visa. Visa issuance is not guaranteed. In case the visa application is rejected by the Swiss Embassy the whole of the amount (except Rs. 15,000/- paid by the student shall be refunded).
WFUNA – IFUNA Mission Knowledge & Excursion Tour - Switzerland and France - 07 nights / 08 days (04 Nights SWISS / 03 Nights FRANCE)
We will be organizing project ‘Mission Knowledge’ at GENEVA along with visit to France in the month of October 2018. The students shall be given training in Geneva, Switzerland and on completion of training they will be provided with Certificate of Participation by WFUNA. All enrolment of students for the purpose of attending ‘PROJECT MISSION KNOWLEDGE at Geneva will be made direct at sole discretion of IFUNA.
Day 1: India - Switzerland
• Meet &Greet your journey leader at IGI Airport, and proceed for immigration.(Flight details will be communicated at later stage)
Day 2: Geneva / Switzerland
• Arrival at Geneva airport by afternoon.
• Check in hotel, freshen up (Standard International Check in at 3 pm, by Tour Operator).
• Transfer to UN headquarters. Meet &greet the UN team and proceed for Welcome Ceremony.
• Dinner hosted by WFUNA.
• Overnight at hotel. (Meals: D)
Day 3: Geneva / UN Program
• After breakfast, transfer to UN WFUNA.
• UN Program from 9.00am to 4.00pm, includes coffee and snack break &lunch by 1.00 pm.
• City tour of Geneva from 4.00pm to 8.00 pm by Tour Operator.
• Dinner &overnight at hotel by Tour Operator. (Meals: BLD)
Day 4: Geneva / UN Program
• After breakfast, transfer to UN headquarters.
• UN Program from 9.00am to 5.00pm, includes coffee and snacks break &lunch by 1.00 pm.
• Distribution of Certificate &farewell ceremony at UN headquarters.
• Dinner &overnight at hotel by Tour Operator. (Meals: BLD)
Day 5: Geneva - Engelberg- Zurich by Tour Operator.
• Breakfast and proceed to Mt. Titlis and enjoy the Cable Car Ride.
• Indian Lunch Included @ Titlis and late afternoon enjoy a guided walking tour of Lucerne.
• Admire Thorwaldsen's emotional LION MONUMENT and the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the Old Town / No Entrance only orientation.
• Cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRlDGE to the Jesuit Church / No Entrance only orientation
• Taste CHOCOLATE PRALINES from Laderach Chocolatier Suisse, one of Switzerland's most famous chocolate makers / No Entrance only orientation
• Indian Dinner &overnight at hotel. (Meals: BLD)
Day 6: Zurich - Paris (7-8Hrs Drive) by Tour Operator.
• Breakfast at hotel &drive to Paris
• Lunch enroute/Evening Arrival in Paris
• Enjoy the Seine Cruise &soak in the beauty of "City of Lights"
• Seine River Cruise Included: See the city from the water on an hour-long cruise along the River Seine. The Seine cuts right through Paris, dividing the city in half. See the Eiffel tower rising on the Left Bank, the walls of the Louvre on the Right Bank. A guide will point out other monuments and architectural marvels as you pass, many of which are illuminated by clear white light at night.
• Dinner & overnight at hotel. (Meals: BLD)
Day 7: Experience Paris by Tour Operator.
• Breakfast at hotel
• Full day Tour of Paris and Lunch enroute.
• CRUISE :- Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees, Eiffel Tower (2nd level), Champ de Mars, EcoleMilitaire, LesInvalides, Conciergerie, Tuileries, Place Vendome, Opera House, louvre (outside)
• FRAGONARD LE MUSEE DU PARFUM (PARIS)
• Dinner and check in, overnight at hotel (Meals: BLD)
Day 8: Paris- Disneyland Included by Tour Operator.
• Breakfast and full day excursion to Disneyland / One Day One Park only
• Lunch voucher, Included
• Dinner &overnight at hotel. (Meals: BLD)
Day 9: Paris - India Transfer Via Local Coach by Tour Operator.
• Flight as per schedule
Day 10: Arrival in India
Price Per child - Rs. 1,75,000/- + Rs. 50,000/- for Project Mission Knowledge Educational and Training Program at UN Headquarters.
Total Cost Per Student Rs. 2,25,000/- (Ex. Delhi).
Please Note: 3 Euro Per Person Per Day Tips extra.
Inclusion: • 7 Night stay in 3 Star hotel on twin sharing basis
• 1 : 15 teacher ratio
• All meals as per itinerary
• All sightseeing as per itinerary
• GST included
• Municipal city tax of 3 Euro pp in Paris Included
• No single room- 400 Euro pp extra single supplement
• Tips Extra
• No Water, No snacks
All prices are subject to availability and final confirmation. Payment in DD to be given as per below details:-
1) INR 90,000 by 6th August 2018 in favor of Walia Tours (International) LLP'
2) INR 50,000 by 31st August 2018 in favor of 'Indian Federation of United Nations Associations' Bank Name & Address - The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd., 5th Floor, Worldmark 2, Asset 8, Aerocity, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi 110037, Account No. – 010466, IFSC Code - BOTM0ND3611 & MICR Code– 110033001.
3) INR 85,000/ by 17th September 2018 in favor of WaliaTours (International) LLP'
4) Our pricing is in INR. Rate of Exchange is taken at INR to EURO at Rs. 78, if rate of exchange changes, we will charge the difference or refund in case of lower rates of Euro to INR before one month of departure.
15,000 INR is non-refundable under any circumstances once payment is made.
TERMS & CONDITION
• All rates are based on minimum 30 students travelling together (if group is less than 30, then we will combine with other travelling school)
• The airport charges, airlines taxes and visa charges are included in the cost, in case the same changes, cost differential cost will be charged. The charges does not include to and fro transfer to the Delhi Airport.
• Total Cost of Tour programme will be INR 2,25,000/- Ex. Delhi.
• Visiting for Visa documentation / Biometric fingerprint / dropping and pickup, to and fro to Visa centre will be borne by students on their own cost.
• Tips are not included. TLs are requested to hand over tips to driver without fail. The minimum expected tip is Euro 3 / pp per day
• IFUNA / WFUNA shall be conducting only ‘PROJECT MISSION KNOWLEDGE’- Educational and Training Programme at Geneva, rest of the Tour Programme will be conducted by the organizers of the Tour.
CANCELLATION AND REDUCTION POLICY
• 90-60 days prior to departure: 15,000 administrative fees will be charged + cancellations for flight, visa charges, Insurance
• 59-30 days prior to departure: 50% of program fee will be charged
• 29-0 days prior to departure: No Refund
• Please contact for further details Mr. YS Walia (Project Mission Knowledge at United Nations, Geneva and Tour Excursion to Paris and Switzerland )
Indian Federation of United Nations Associations
C-6, QUTAB INSTITUTIONAL AREA, BEHIND QUTAB HOTEL, NEW DELHI – 110 016
Contact No.: +91 11 265 11257, 2685 2293 : +91 11 2685 2291
Email & Website: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | : www.ifuna.org